This trek offers time out from a busy lifestyle. Free from mobile phone coverage and interruptions from the outside world you are able to enjoy great conversation, gourmet food and gentle exertion allowing the opportunity to refresh the mind and body. Be mesmerized by the camp fire beneath the canopy of stars before retiring to your twin share spacious bell style glamping tent.
This 5 day tour on Herbertvale Station also takes in the some areas of the iconic Boodjamulla National Park. Limited to groups of 6 – 8 guests per booking. Each booking can be tailored to your individual group.
The Stock Camp is a Grade 2 – 3 as per the Australian Walking Track Grading System (AWTGS): National System. Click here for details.
Package – $4225
- Transfers to and from Trek West (ex Mount Isa)
- Wine & Cheese at sundown each evening
- Fully guided treks
- Meals as per itinerary
Exclusions: Flights, travel insurance, personal expenses, optional activities, accommodation and meals in Camooweal and Mount Isa.
• Depart Mt Isa from the Red Earth Hotel at 9.30am or The Mt Isa airport at 10.00am
• 190km drive to Camooweal where we will take a quick break
• Continue northward towards The Stockcamp, we will be stopping for a picnic lunch and site seeing along the way
• Arrive at The Stockcamp and settle into your bell tents
• Free time to explore the nearby waterhole or relax around the camp site
• Sunset drinks at The Old Station before dinner
• Return to The Stockcamp for dinner
Day 2 – 12km Hike
• Breakfast served at 7am
• Hike The Murry Springs Trail – 12km trek across the ever changing landscape, be amazed by the sheer expanse and never ending views. Have your camera handy!
• Arrive at Murry Springs for a picnic lunch, an oasis in our arid landscape.
• Once refreshed and cooled, we will then drive to Borderhole to kayak and swim in the breathtaking gorge.
• Return to The Stockcamp for drinks, showers and dinner
Day 3 – 15km Hike
• Breakfast at 7am
• Hike the The Riverview Walk – 15km
• Return to The Stockcamp for a relaxing long lunch
• An afternoon spent with friends new and old relaxing and exploring this incredible landscape.
• Return to The Stockcamp, dinner served – spoilt by another night of delicious dining and relaxing around our safari styled dinner table.
Day 4 – 5km Hike
• Breakfast at 7am
• Drive to the ancient Lost City explore these majestic rock formations, you will be in awe of the 530 million year old Cambrian marine limestone stacks. Picnic lunch before we transfer back to The Stockcamp
• Return to The Stockcamp for time to reflect and relax, an easy walk down to the river to soak up the peacefulness of this amazing landscape.
• Enjoy our last dinner together celebrating a fantastic week spent with friends exploring this beautiful landscape.
• 7 am Breakfast
• Pack up vehicles and depart The Stockcamp by 8.30am
• Drive to Camooweal for a picnic lunch by the Georgina River
• Continue on to Mount Isa for an estimated time of arrival 3pm
This gently challenging experience is led by an experienced local guide who lives on and loves the trekking landscape. The trek is accented with rustic luxe touches including gourmet catering, sundown drinks and glamorously appointed bell tents.