This trek offers time out from a busy lifestyle. Free from mobile phone coverage and interruptions from the outside world you are able to enjoy great conversation, gourmet food and gentle exertion allowing the opportunity to refresh the mind and body. Be mesmerized by the camp fire beneath the canopy of stars before retiring to your twin share spacious bell style glamping tent.
This 5 day tour on Herbertvale Station also takes in the iconic Lawn Hill National Park and a glimpse of life on Australia’s largest cattle stations. Limited to groups of 6 – 8 guests per booking. Each booking can be tailored to your individual group.
The Stock Camp is a Grade 2 – Grade 3 as per the Australian Walking Track Grading System (AWTGS): National System. Click here for details.
Package – $3135
- Transfers to and from Trek West (ex Mount Isa)
- Wine & Cheese at sundown each evening
- Fully guided treks
- Meals as per itinerary
Exclusions: Flights, travel insurance, personal expenses, optional activities, accommodation and meals in Camooweal and Mount Isa.
• Depart Mt Isa from the Red Earth Hotel at 9.30am or The Mt Isa airport at 10.00am
• 190km drive to Camooweal where we will take a quick break
• Continue northward towards The Stockcamp, we will be stopping for a picnic lunch and site seeing along the way
• Arrive at The Stockcamp and settle into your bell tents
• Free time to explore the nearby waterhole or relax around the camp site
• Sunset drinks at The Old Station before dinner
• Return to The Stockcamp for dinner
Day 2 – 9km Hike
• Breakfast served at 7am
• Hike The Pinnacle Trail – 9km trek across the sparse spinifex hills, be amazed by the sheer expanse and never ending views. Have your camera handy!
• Drive to The Big Gorge for a picnic lunch
• Free time to swim in the waterhole or relax on the rocks with a cold drink and enjoy the birdlife and peacefulness.
• Return to The Stockcamp for drinks, showers and dinner
Day 3 – 15km Hike
• Breakfast at 7am
• Hike the The Riverview Walk – 15km
• Return to The Stockcamp for lunch
• Drive to Border Waterhole and explore the untouched beauty of the landscape, an afternoon of paddle boarding and relaxing.
• Return to The Stockcamp, dinner served – spoilt by another night of delicious dining and relaxing around our safari styled dinner table.
Day 4 – 5km Hike
• Breakfast at 7am
• Drive to the ancient Lost City explore these majestic rock formations, you will be in awe of the 530 million year old Cambrian marine limestone stacks. Picnic lunch before we transfer back to The Stockcamp
• Return to The Stockcamp for some free time to relax and the opportunity to take in the magical views whilst stand up paddle boarding
• Enjoy our last dinner together celebrating a fantastic week spent with friends exploring this beautiful landscape.
• 7 am Breakfast
• Pack up vehicles and depart The Stockcamp by 8.30am
• Enjoy a short break at the Herbertvale Station homestead for morning tea
• Drive to Camooweal for a picnic lunch by the Georgina River
• Continue on to Mount Isa for an estimated time of arrival 4pm
This gently challenging experience is led by an experienced local guide who lives on and loves the trekking landscape. The trek is accented with rustic luxe touches including gourmet catering, sundown drinks and glamorously appointed bell tents.