This trek offers time out from a busy lifestyle and features ‘The Long Lunch’. Free from mobile phone coverage and interruptions from the outside world you are able to enjoy great conversation, gourmet food and gentle exertion allowing the opportunity to refresh the mind and body. Be mesmerized by the camp fire beneath the canopy of stars before retiring to your twin share spacious bell style glamping tent.
This 5 day tour on Herbertvale Station also takes in the iconic Lawn Hill Gorge and a glimpse of life on Australia’s largest cattle stations. Limited to groups of 6 – 8 guests per booking. Each booking can be tailored to your individual group.
The Stock Camp is a Grade 2 – Grade 3 as per the Australian Walking Track Grading System (AWTGS): National System. Click here for details.
Package – $2850
- Transfers to and from Trek West (ex Mount Isa)
- Over night trip to Adels Grove
- Wine & Cheese at sundown each evening
- Fully guided treks
- Meals as per itinerary
Exclusions: Flights, travel insurance, personal expenses, optional activities, meals at Adels Grove, accommodation at Adels Grove (if not camping with Trek West in our supplied tents), accommodation and meals in Mount Isa
• Depart Mt Isa from the Isa Hotel at 9.30am
• 190km drive to Camooweal where we will take a quick break
• Continue northward towards The Stockcamp, we will be stopping for a picnic lunch and site seeing along the way
• Arrive at The Stockcamp and settle into your bell tents
• Free time to explore the nearby waterhole or relax around the camp site
• Sunset drinks at The Old Station before dinner
• Return to The Stockcamp for dinner
Day 2 – 11km + optional 4km
• Breakfast served at 7am
• Hike The Pinnacle Trail – 11km trek across the sparse spinifex hills, be amazed by the sheer expanse and never ending views. Have your camera handy!
• Return to The Stockcamp for lunch
• Free time to relax by the waterhole or take a short guided 4km return walk up to The Stockcamp Gorge, relax on the rocks with a cold drink and enjoy the birdlife and peacefulness
• Return to The Stockcamp for drinks, showers and dinner
Day 3 – 12km Hike and The Long Lunch
• Breakfast at 7am
• Hike to Rockhole
• Enjoy The Long Lunch by the waterhole, be spoilt by our team while you relax in the shady lunch setting. Enjoy great conversation, gourmet food and gentle exertion.
• Drive to Border Waterhole and explore the untouched beauty of the landscape, an afternoon of exploring and relaxing.
• Return to The Stockcamp, dinner served – spoilt by another night of delicious dining and relaxing around our safari styled dinner table.
• Travel to Adels Grove & Boodjamulla National Park 140km drive
• Settle into accommodation (tents & sleeping mats provided by Trek West)
• Transfer 7km by vehicle to Lawn Hill Gorge National Park (Boodjamulla National Park)
• Picnic lunch at the gorge
• Your choice of either canoeing the spectacular Lawn Hill Gorge, solar boat tour up the gorge or walk the Indarri Falls Track. (canoe and boat trip your expense)
• Transfer back to Adels Grove, free time to explore the area
• Afternoon drinks on the deck at Adels Grove
• Dinner at Adels Grove on the Deck at 7pm
Accommodation as per package is either camping in “The Grove” with Trek West (tents and sleeping mat provided) or accommodation of your choice at Adels Grove (your cost if you choose to book your own accommodation).
• 7 am Breakfast at Adels Grove Kitchen
• Pack up vehicles and depart by 8.30am
• Drive to Mt Isa with a few short breaks along the way. Enjoy a scenic drive through some of Queensland’s remote cattle stations and landscapes
• Arrive Mt Isa by 3pm – there is an evening Qantas flight from Mt Isa to Brisbane
• Alternatively book your own accommodation
• Please let me know of your arrangements prior to the trek
This gently challenging experience is led by an experienced local guide who lives on and loves the trekking landscape. The trek is accented with rustic luxe touches including gourmet catering, sundown drinks and glamorously appointed bell tents.